Vermont is still the best place for your Risk Retention Group.
Our numbers and companies speak for themselves.
- 85 RRGs, the most of any domicile, according to the 2014 Risk Retention Reporter.
- Vermont-domiciled RRGs write 60% of all RRGs gross written premiums according to the 2014 Risk Retention Reporter.
- 8 of the top 10 largest RRGs (in terms of gross written premium).
- 8 of the top 10 largest RRGs (in terms of total assets).
- Vermont has RRGs in healthcare, trucking, professional services, nursing homes, financial institutions, environmental, education, and religious institutions.
- Vermont has its own examiners that perform value-added, efficient and cost effective exams.
- Vermont has consistently been a leader with RRGs at the NAIC and NRRA.
- Thirty-four year history in captives.
- Vermont captives wrote $29.8 billion (estimated) in gross written premium in 2014, the most of any domicile.
- Vermont captives held over $170 billion in assets, the most of any domicile.
- Vermont has over 1,000 captives licensed.
- David Provost, Deputy Commissioner of Captive Insurance Division, is ranked most influential person in the captive industry (Captive Review Magazine’s Most Influential List 2013).
- Vermont was ranked Top U.S. Domicile (Captive Review Magazine's 2012, 2014 & 2015 Captive Insurance Awards).
The State of Vermont is a welcoming place for your Risk Retention Group. But you don’t have to just take our word for it. Hear from several companies about why they chose Vermont.
Are you ready to talk to Vermont about your Risk Retention Group?